If you want to study in China with the funding programme, you can apply for the Shanghai Government Scholarships programme at East China Normal University.
The programme aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more outstanding international students to ECNU.
About Shanghai Government Scholarship:
Every year Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship (SGS) Program invites outstanding international students from all over the world to study in Shanghai, China at different Chinese Universities in Shanghai, China. The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) 2022 program is operated under the Different Chinese Government Scholarships program. The aim behind SGS is to construct science and technology innovation centers with global influence and promote international cooperation and mutual relationships around the globe.
East China Normal University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this Shanghai Government Scholarships program to recruit International students for Bachelors / Undergraduate, Masters and, Doctoral Programs.
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship (SGS) is a Fully Funded Scholarship that will cover everything during the study in China. The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) 2022 is similar to Chinese Government Scholarships (CSC).
Shanghai Government Scholarships 2022 Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: China
- Host University: East China Normal University
- Course Level: Bachelors, Masters and PhD Degree
- Eligibility: International students
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: May 10, 2022
- Undergraduate Programs: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s Programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral Programs: 3 to 4 years
Shanghai government scholarship will cover the following benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Registration fee
- Free medical insurance
- Monthly stipend of about CNY 3500 for Ph.D. candidates, CNY 3000 for master’s program candidates and CNY 2500 for undergraduate students.
- Exemption from full tuition fee
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022-2023 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the this scholarship, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Age and education background:
- Applicant applying for undergraduate programs, should obtain a high school degree or above and be no more than 25 years old; for master’s programs, applicant should have a bachelor degree or above and be no more than 35 years old; for PhD programs, applicant should have a master’s degree or above with academic research ability, and be no more than 40 years old.
- Applicant applying for the pre-college program should obtain a high school degree under the age of 23 years old, with a letter of pre-admission of undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Language proficiency:
- Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
- Complete application form
- University application form (online)
- Academic certificates
- Passport (copy)
- Research and study plan
- Statement of purpose
- Research proposal (PhD)
- Two recommendation letters
- Physical examination form
- Proof of language proficiency
- Supporting documents (if required)
- No criminal activity certificate
- Before applying for the scholarship program check FAQs.
How To Apply For Shanghai Government Scholarships 2022?
- The applicants must submit their applications online via the official website.
- To apply for this program, applicants must complete an online application at http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/apply/ (ECNU’s institutional code is 10269).
- The SGS form should be completed with all the required documents.
- Please ensure that you download the form after completing it.
- Applicants should not submit their application documents by email or fax.