Students can now apply online for the 2022-2023 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). The Korean government has established its KGSP scholarship programme for overseas students in order to assist international students pursuing higher education in Korea.
This scholarship also aimed to develop positive contacts between Koreans and individuals from other countries. In addition, these scholarships would allow students to attend undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes at any university of their choice. Further, South Korea has around 370 official higher education universities. So, just look at Google’s ranking of Korean universities and studying in South Korea will provide you with a plethora of job options. So, graduates from Korean colleges are in great demand by businesses worldwide.
Many people, including the majority of international students, migrate to South Korea for Masters and Ph.D. programmes because of the simple application process, easy scholarships, and professor scholarships. Also, approximately 2,000 students are supported by government scholarships each year. Furthermore, South Korean universities feature amenities comparable to those seen in modern European universities and the list of scholarships in South Korea without IELTS for 2022 is listed below.
Details About Korean Government Scholarship 2022
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Master’s or Doctoral or Research
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Korean Government Scholarship which is now called the Global Korea Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. All the expenses will be covered by the Korean Government.Read:Malaysian Government Scholarship 2022 in Malaysia (Fully Funded)
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Living Allowance (KRW 900,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Language Courses
- Full Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant
Eligibility Criteria of Global Korea Scholarship 2022 in South Korea:
- All international students can apply.
- Korean citizens are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate applying for a graduate program must be under the age of 40 years.
- Master’s Program Applicant: Must hold a bachelor‟s degree or a level of education
- equivalent to or higher than a bachelor‟s degree.
- Doctoral Program Applicant: Must hold a master‟s degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a master‟s degree.
- Research Program Applicant: Must have received an invitation from one of the partner universities.
- A person who has already availed of the Korean scholarship is not eligible to apply.
- A candidate should be in good health.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarships 2022?
Applicants have choices to apply in two types of institutions:Read:Skoltech University Scholarship in Russia 2021 | Fully Funded
There are two choices: Embassy Track or University Track to apply for Global Korea Scholarships 2022.
- Embassies of the Republic of Korea (Embassy track)
- Korean Universities designated by NIIED (University Track)
Through Embassy Track, candidates must apply through their respective South Korean embassies.Read:Apply for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Fully Funded Master’s Scholarships) in Germany 2022
- The embassy will nominate you as a GKS candidate and ask you to apply to some university; NIIED will receive the nomination. the final selection will be made by the NIIED.
- The University Track requires applicants to apply directly to the university. You will be nominated as a GKS candidate for 2022 by the university, which will send your nomination to NIIED.