Honjo International Foundation 2023 Scholarships in Japan is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Graduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Japan Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is expired at 30 Apr 2022.
If you are an international student and want to study a graduate program in any Japanese University on funded scholarship. This scholarship will cover your funds at a partial level in Japan. You may apply for any Japanese university.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation is offering scholarships for foreign students studying in Japanese graduate school. The scholarship is only open to foreign students who are already studying or planning to study in Japan for masters and Ph.D. studies.
Applicants can submit their applications from their home countries as long as they are ready to study in Japanese graduate school. Every nationality is welcome and students can apply in any field. Applicants can also apply through the foundation and then select their desired university.
Honjo International Scholarship 2023 Details:
- Host institutions: Higher Educational Institutions in Japan.
- Fields of study: Available fields at Japanese universities.
- Provided by: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Degree level: Masters, Doctoral (PhD)
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to 5 years.
- Eligible countries: Open to students of all nationalities.
- Award country: Japan
- Eligible nationality: International
- Last Date: 31 October 2022 – Apr 30, 2023
The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on the differs based on the period as below:
¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years degree
Available Study Fields
Administration Agriculture, Biology & Animal Science Architecture & Construction Design & Graphic Design Chemistry Computers & IT Economics & Business Education Energy Engineering Environment Geography & Outer Space History & Anthropology Human Rights International Affairs Languages Law Media, Marketing & PR Medicine, Nursing & Psychology Military & Security Physics & Math Politics Religion Society Sport & Fitness Arts, Video & Photography Tourism & Hospitality Transportation
Eligibility Criteria for Japan Scholarship:
To apply for this Japan scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- do not possess Japanese citizenship
- are enrolled as of Fall 2022 or currently applying for the academic course starting from Fall 2022 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in Fall 2022. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in Spring 2023 should apply for the 2023 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2022.
- are enrolled for a program that will last longer than 12 months.
- students applying for a PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. A student applying for the master’s program must start the master’s course by the age of 30 (No exception).
- have a strong will to serve in his / her home country as a future career plan.
- be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
- Students must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as alumni members.
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
You have to submit following document in an online application system to apply for Honjo International Scholarship 2023 in Japan.
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English; please attach a translation in case of
- Academic transcript of undergraduate course (Required). If you transferred into the university from the College of technology (kōsen school system), the transcript of it is also required.
- Academic transcript of graduate school (If you don’t have it yet, it is unnecessary
- Research Proposal: Use the given template (Click Here) and write in Japanese language.
What we want applicants to describe:
- What you are going to research?
- What and how you are going to contribute to your home country in the based what you will have learned or studied in Japan?
- What you have achieved regarding research, academic and social activity?
- A recommendation letter from the supervisor: Please get the recommendation letter describing the applicant’s academic performances, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential etc. The student can also get the recommendation letter from the previous supervisor in his / her country, if the recommender is more familiar with his / her academic background. The number of sheets and formats are not designated, but please attach a translation if it is written in the languages other than English or Japanese.
- Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc. Please upload the certificate of enrollment only if the student is already enrolling in the graduate school.
- If the admission letter or the letter of acceptance is not available by October 31, 2022, please fill the probable date that is available in “web application system”. And send it to the HISF office via email as soon as it is available. Note that, after October 31, 2022 web application system cannot be logged in.
- Open all the envelopes of documents to upload as PDF files through the “scholarship web application system”, even if they are directed as “Confidential” or “Invalid if opened”.
- A recommendation letter which is sent by email or post mail by a recommender is acceptable. In that case, upload a PDF file that is written “A letter is sent directly.” The email address that a letter is sent is [email protected].
- Photocopied documents can also be used to be uploaded.
How to apply
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Enter “web application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.
※All the indication in the web application system are both in English and Japanese. Auto-translation system installed in your device may cause stopping its working. Please remove auto-translation system when you log in the web application system.