Application forms are now open for the Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023, aims to prepare young Pakistani women for future career opportunities in U.S. universities through this summer undergraduate exchange programs. Moreover, the program will work towards in developing mentorship programs and connecting young Pakistani women to academic and professional networks for educational and career advancement. Every year, American University and its partners, iEARN U.S. and Society for International Education funds more than 20 female students to study summer undergraduate courses in a University in U.S through this program.
Sister2Sister Exchange Program offers female students between the ages of 18-24 years an opportunity to attend undergraduate summer courses at prestigious universities in the USA. Sister2Sister Exchange Program encourages female students from low to middle income background who are currently studying in a Pakistani college or university to apply for the program. The students will have an opportunity to explore additional career pathways by studying medicine, international affairs, gender studies and pharmacy along with STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) topics at top U.S. universities.
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
Benefits of Sister2Sister Exchange Program 2023 in the USA:
The Sister2Sister Exchange Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by a consortium of partners, including American University, iEARN-USA and Society for International Education.
- Full Tuition Fees
- Travel cost to and from the United States
- Health Insurance
- Accommodation and food
- Visa fees
Fields of Interest for Sister2Sister Exchange Program:
- Science and Technology
- Engineering (mechanical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, etc.)
- Data Science
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- International Affairs
- Gender Studies
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
Following are the requirements to apply for Sister2Sister Exchange Program,
- Only female applicants can apply.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Pakistan.
- They must be 18 – 24 years.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a two-year or four-year bachelor’s program, students enrolled for a master’s program can also apply.
- Furthermore, students must have participated in university community activities and possess strong leadership potential.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- Students who never had the opportunity to travel abroad before this opportunity are highly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds are welcomed.
- They should not have been to the United States before.
- Applicants with dual nationality or permanent US residence are not eligible to apply.
- Other than that, students whose parents, spouses or fiancé are citizens or residents of the US cannot apply for this program.
- Final-year students are ineligible. Students who participated in any United States Government Program are also ineligible for the exchange program.
Required Documents for Sister2Sister Summer Exchange Program:
- Academic transcripts
- Achievement certificates
- Reference letters
How to Apply for Summer Sister Exchange Program 2023?
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website of the sister2sister exchange program.
- After the screening of the applications, shortlisted students will be confirmed for their interviews via email.
- Then, the third round comprises group discussions and in-person interviews. For in-person interviews, Karachi and Islamabad will be the only stations.
- Then, in the fourth round, candidates will have to pass the English language test.
- At the fifth stage, the final selection will be made based on the evaluation of the preceding stages.
- The selected profiles will be sent to the American University. The university will match the profiles according to the set criteria.
- The selected students will be notified by a letter and a scholarship acceptance form. The form and letter will be sent from the sister2sister exchange program office.