The prestigious Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Program 2024 attracts outstanding international students to Canada. Mitacs partner country applicants are contending for a position in this 12-week research program in a fiercely competitive competition. Interns in the program have the chance to work on research projects in a range of academic disciplines while being supervised by knowledgeable Canadian professors and faculty members. Interns get a rare opportunity to learn first-hand about research techniques, make useful contacts, and learn about the rich cultural diversity and scenic beauty of Canada through this immersive experience.
More than 70 Canadian universities now offer the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship. Research opportunities are available through this program in a variety of academic disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, engineering, and science. Interns can explore many research fields thanks to this interdisciplinary approach, which also gives them a wider understanding of their academic interests. Interns are given a special opportunity to develop their research abilities, increase their knowledge, and work with peers from other backgrounds thanks to access to top-notch facilities and knowledgeable supervisors. The initiative aims to establish a worldwide community of researchers and encourage cross-national research cooperation.
Globalink Research by Mitacs Interns gain from academic and research experiences, as well as chances for personal development. Interns will have access to a variety of educational options that will enable them to advance their knowledge and take part in leisure, social, and cultural pursuits. Scholarships will be awarded to selected students to help with travel and living costs, including housing and health insurance. Because of this financial assistance, interns are free to concentrate on their studies and personal growth rather than worrying about money. Interns can develop a thorough understanding of Canadian culture and the research environment while also building lifelong relationships with peers and mentors from around the globe with access to these tools and opportunities.
Details About MITACS Globalink Research Internship 2024
- Host Country: Canada
- Internship Location: Canadian Universities
- Dates: Arriving in Canada between May 1 and July 31, 2024,
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Who can Apply: Bachelor’s, Master’s Students to undertake research projects at Canadian universities.
- IELTS: No
- Deadline: 21st September 2023
One of the great benefits of this program is that you will come to Canada on a Fully Funded Trip. The Globalink Interns will receive:
- Round-trip Airfare to Canada
- Airport Transfer to Accommodation Location in Canada.
- Stipend for Housing
- Health Insurance
- Stipend towards student enrollment fees up to a maximum of $300
- Stipend for Food and incidentals
- Support from student mentors on campus in Canada
- Registration for industry events and professional development courses
- Globalink Research Internship certificate of completion.
MITACS Internship is also an opportunity to connect with potential graduate supervisors should you be interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies with a Mitacs Globalink Graduate Fellowship
Eligible Countries, Universities, and Disciplines for the Globalink Research Internship 2024
For the Globalink Internship, students from these countries can apply. Globalink Research Internships are open to all disciplines and many projects.
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Additionally, each country includes the names of the universities. If your University name is included then you are eligible.
The List is very Big. The List of Eligible Universities and Countries is available at: https://www.mitacs.ca/en/globalink-research-internship-2024-eligible-universities
Eligibility Criteria :
Interested in making your summer 2024 break productive? Then you must apply for the MITACS Globalink Research Internship 2024 in Canada and learn research skills. Opportunities Circle has listed the eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria of the MITACS Globalink Research Internship 2024:
- International students from eligible countries can only apply. They can check the list provided above.
- Students must be enrolled in an eligible university. You can check the list of eligible countries here.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old while submitting the application.
- Applicants must be current students of a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program from one of the eligible universities.
- They must have at least one to three semesters left in their degree as of fall 2024.
- Applicants must meet the grade requirements for their specific country.
- Furthermore, they must be fluent in the written and oral language of the project, which can be English or French.
- Moreover, they must not have been awarded a Globalink Research Internship project in any previous year.
- Applicants must be available to attend the 12 weeks internship between 1 May and 31 October.
- Applicants can apply to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 research projects, and ensure selections should be from at least 3 different Canadian provinces.
Required Documents for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internships:
- A CV
- Your official transcript in English or French
- Personal Statement
- At least 1 reference letter
- A Valid Passport
- Research Experience
How to apply for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 20234?
- The applicants have to apply online through the Global Student platform.
- If the applicant’s program is not clearly mentioned in the list, he/she must search with multiple keywords in different disciplines. The applicant can search in both general and specific categories. If the university is still not appearing then contact h[email protected]
- You must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- There is no submit button, you must have completed your application carefully, at the date of clothing.
- It is recommended to complete the application at least two working days before the deadline.
- The applicant’s reference letter must be from his/her professor who is currently supervising his/her in the home country.
- Do not forget to save your application before leaving the application page.