Are you dedicated to world development and want to gain practical experience to complement your studies?
Internships at UNDP are a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to acquire direct exposure to UNDP’s work.
Opportunities are available in a variety of areas and every attempt is made to match the interests of the intern with the needs of the organization. Visit our current vacancies and discover your development internship!
Internships can take place in UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or at Headquarters in New York. The duration of an internship assignment varies in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UNDP. Assignments are available on a part-time and full-time basis throughout the year.
UNDP Internship Program 2023 Details:
- Host Organization: United Nation Development Program
- Program Locations: UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or Headquarters in New York.
- Internship Type: Full-time/Part-time (Paid)
- Eligible Countries: All
- Deadline: Varies
UNDP internship program provides the following benefits:
- Opportunity to gain real-life work experience.
- Work with UNDP.
- Furthermore, receive training and mentorship.
- There are many internships and even vacancies in different countries.
- UNDP is also offering a few home-based opportunities.
- Excellent addition to the CV
Available Fields & Majors
The UNDP internship is available in the following majors
- Democratic Governance Unit
- Human Resource Unit
- Development Policy Unit
- Environment & Climate Change Unit
- Crisis Prevention & Recovery Unity
- Stabilization & Development Program
- Standard Premises/ICT Unit
Eligibility Criteria for the UNDP Internships 2023:
- Applicants from all over the world may apply for the UNDP internships.
- Candidates can either be enrolled in a graduate program or have earned a second university degree, or they can be in the final academic year of their first university degree.
- The candidate should have fluency in at least one of UNDP’s three working languages: French, English, and Spanish.
- The knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, or another Eastern European language would be advantageous.
- The candidates should be able to demonstrate their relevance to UNDP programs.
- At the time of application, the candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with people from different languages, national, and cultural backgrounds.
- The application process is online.
- Click on the ‘apply now‘ to visit the official website.
- After scrolling down, select VIEW CURRENT VACANCIES, press ctrl+ F, and write “internship” or your country name.
- Then you will see all the UNDP vacancies available according to your interest.
- Select the position/ field you want to apply.
- Carefully fill out the application form online and submit it.
- Deadlines vary from country to country; check the deadline before applying.