The UNDP Internship Program is an exciting opportunity for interns to learn about and participate in the United Nations’ top development projects. The development programmes are created in such a way that they serve to improve the world’s living standards. The internship programme at the United Nations for national and international participants changes from time to time, depending on the demands of the UNDP’s current project. These paid overseas internships, on the other hand, act as stepping stones for participants to advance their careers by providing first-hand experience with real-world situations. At UNDP, there are several paid possibilities in a variety of disciplines for the express aim of world development.
UNDP offers attractive paid positions in several areas for the sole purpose of promoting global development. Around 170 countries are part of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), which is the leading development promotion agency of the UN. UNDP interns have a tremendous opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working with qualified, well-trained, and exceedingly experienced mentors and supervisors to achieve the goals of the UNDP. The organization works towards a better future for humanity by addressing issues such as eradicating poverty, reducing inequities and exclusion, and empowering countries to embark on sustainable development and growth.
Students and recent graduates from a wide range of professions participate in the UNDP internship programme. Economics, public or business administration, environmental studies, international relations, and other related fields are the most common subjects of study in this degree. Interns’ responsibilities vary based on the position available and the needs of the department in which they are assigned. The most prevalent responsibilities are as follows: Conducting research, writing documentation, cataloguing information, forums, or other collaborative activities, assisting in the planning of conferences, and publishing knowledge stories/best practises are all examples of work that may be done. Internships can be found in the United Nations’ headquarters, national offices, and regional offices. The length of an internship is determined by the candidate’s qualifications as well as the UN’s needs.
UNDP Internship Program 2021-22 Details:
- Host Organization: United Nation Development Program
- Program Locations: UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or Headquarters in New York.
- Internship Type: Full-time/Part-time (Paid)
- Eligible Countries: All
- Deadline: Varies
The objective of the UNDP Internship
UNHCR is Looking For Talented, Motivated, and Passionate like you from around the world who bring knowledge, innovative thinking, and different ideas to enhance our capacity to serve people of concern to the organization.
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations organization tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development.
Applicants having Any Degree are Eligible. The internship is normally on a full-time basis but part-time internships are also allowed according to the needs of the work. The Exact Working Hours should be discussed between the intern and the supervisor.
Benefits of the Internship
- The UNDP would be given a Monthly stipend.
- The monthly stipend that covers the internship associated costs, could vary from station to station.
- The interns will have chances to get further UNDP or UN system assignments in the future.
- The interns can also receive financial support from nominating institutions or the government.
Eligibility Criteria of the UNDP Internship Program 2021-2022:
- All national and international candidates can apply.
- The applicants either can be enrolled in a graduate school program or second university degree or equivalent, or the candidate can be in a final academic year of a first university degree (Bachelor’s level).
- If the candidates must have graduated with a university degree, their degree must not be more than one year old at the time of the UNDP internship application.
- The candidate must be fluent in one of three working languages of UNDP, i.e. English, French, Spanish. Knowing more than one working language is a plus. Furthermore, fluency in Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, or Eastern European languages is also a plan.
- The candidates must demonstrate their relevance with the UNDP’s programs.
How to Apply for the UNDP Internship Program 2022-23?
- Candidates must submit their applications only via UNDP’s website.
- Internship opportunities at UNDP are listed in the UNDP Job Section.
- Please select an area of interest and then click “Apply.”.
- Please ensure that you follow the specific deadline for the internship program, as each internship has a different and exclusive deadline.
- If you wish to apply to more than one program, you must register separately for each program.