The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organisations in Slovakia.
SCHOLARSHIP STAY AND USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations3 in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
 Legal entity according to the section 7 letters a) – c) of the Act No. 172/2005 on organisation of state research and development funding, as amended, which has a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development according to the section 26a article 11 or article 12 of the same Act – i.e. public, private or state universities, research institutions eligible to carry out a doctoral (PhD) study programme (i.e. external education institutions), Slovak Academy of Sciences and its institutes, departmental research institutes or non-governmental organisations carrying out research and development.
National Scholarship Program 2023-24 Details:
|Provided by:||Government of Slovakia|
|Degree level:||Masters, PhD, Teachers, Researchers and Artists|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Last Date:||30 April 2023|
The Slovak Government Scholarship is intended to cover international Scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organizations in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in Slovak Republic.
- university student 400 € per month
- PhD student 734 € per month
- university teacher/researcher/artist:
- without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 734 € per month
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 980 € per month
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist 1,050 € per month
- Reimbursement up to 250 € for costs related to medical examination
- Travel allowance: it is awarded as a lump sum and it will be paid to the scholarship holder at the end of his/her stay together with the last scholarship payment. The travel allowance amount depends on the distance (in a direct line) between the applicant’s place of residence and the place of his/her stay in Slovakia.
- distance up to 350 km – 0 €;
- distance more than 350 km, max. 2,000 km; 250 €;
- distance more than 2,000 km, max. 7,000 km – 500 €;
- distance more than 7,000 km – 1000 €.
Duration of the Scholarship:
National Scholarship Program 2023 of the Republic of Slovakia is the Short Funding Exchange Program to continue their Research in Higher Educational Institutions of Slovakia.
- Duration of a Scholarship Stay (Students): 1 – 2 Full Semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 Months) or Full 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 Months).
- Duration of a Scholarship Stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 Months.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (University Teachers, Researchers or Artists): 1 – 10 Months.
The General Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- All International Students from around the world are Eligible.
- University Students at Universities outside Slovakia.
- Note that this Slovakia full scholarship for international Students 2024 is not a Full-time Scholarship for Full Bachelor Degree Programs, Master Degree Programs or PhD Degree Scholarships.
- This is Not a Full Bachelor Degree Scholarship, Master Degree Scholarship or PhD Degree Scholarship.
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study program.
- Academic Resume or CV
- Statement of Interest or Motivation
- Study Plan/Research Plan/Research Proposal
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Educational Documents (Results, Transcripts, Degrees)
- Admission or Offer letter
- Copy of Passport
- Other Supporting Documents (If Any)
How to Apply National Scholarship Program?
You have to Apply Online for National Scholarship Program 2023-24 in Slovakia. The detailed information is given below in an Official Scholarship website below: