Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program in Japan 2022 (Fully Funded)
Call for application for the Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2022 in Japan. This international fellowship opportunity will help scholars to open up a path towards a bright future. The duration of the MIF fellowship 2022 is 3-6 months. There are no application fees and all the expenses of the selected individuals will be covered by the Matsumae International Foundation.
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization whose Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people who have responded with goodwill to Dr. Shigeyoshi MATSUMAE’s call. While many donations have been kindly offered by corporations and groups, most of the donors are individuals who are sympathetic with the Founder’s ideals, and maintain contributions to the Fund from their limited incomes. Successful applicants are urged to seriously consider and understand the goodwill of those persons, and ensure that the provided fellowships are utilized effectively.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2021.
- University or Organization: A candidate can select the host institution of his or her choice
- Course Level: Fellowship
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Duration of MIF Research Fellowship: 3 to 6 months
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan
Benefits of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2022:
- A Round-trip airfare will be provided.
- A monthly allowance will be provided
- Accommodation expenses will be covered.
- Comprehensive medical insurance will be provided.
- Upon arrival, a start-up allowance will be provided
- An allowance for research will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2022:
- All international citizens are eligible to apply.
- A candidate must have an acceptance letter from the host institution.
- A candidate must have a doctoral degree before applying to this fellowship.
- A candidate must be either good at Japanese or English language.
- A candidate must be employed in his or her country of origin.
- A candidate should not have visited Japan before.
- Application Form:- Applicant is required to use the original application form which can be downloaded from MIF’s website. You should ensure that all the items in the form are properly filled out.
- Photo:- Your face photograph taken within the past three months must be attached. In case the photograph is more than 1BM in size, it should be resized.
- Research proposal:- Research Project The following should be stated. (a) The content, purpose and methodology of the research. (b) The road map of the research project. (c) What benefits the research project will bring to your home country. (a) and (b) should be described in detail based on discussion with your host professor/scholar in Japan.
- CV/Resume:- It should include the complete list of publications: when and where they were published, co-authors, number of pages, etc. Please highlight the title of publication on the list that you submit as the item.
- Recommendation letter/Reference Letter:- It should be from your current home institution (employer) and written on their letterhead. It should testify to academic ability, achievements and confirming the availability of study leave during your fellowship period.
- Degree Certificate:- Soft Copies of Academic Certificates/Diplomas for Ph.D., Master, Bachelor In case the documents are not available in English, please attach English translations. The soft copies and the English translations should be attested by the seal of your current home institution or the university you graduated from.
- The Most Significant Publication by Applicant Please submit only one publication. If not available in English, please attach an abstract/summary in English.
- Invitation Letter It should be from and sighted by your host professor/scholar in charge at the host institution in Japan and written on their letterhead. The followings should be mentioned in Japanese. a) Name of Host Professor/Scholar b) Name of Host Institution c) Email Address of Host Professor/Schola d) Postal Code, Mailing Address for Host Institution.
How to Apply for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship in Japan?
- All interested candidates must apply to the host institution before applying to the fully-funded International Fellowship.
- After getting an acceptance letter, an applicant can download the application form of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) Fellowship from the official website.
- A candidate must send the filled application form along with the required documents to the [email protected]