Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 is a Korean Government Scholarship Program for international students to pursue undergraduate degrees in higher education institutions in South Korea. The aim of this 2023 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees is to create goodwill and strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. This Korean scholarship program is one of the biggest and most competitive scholarship programs in the world.
GKS 2023 undergraduate scholarship is an excellent opportunity for international students to study in South Korea for free. The main aim of the GKS scholarship is to promote cooperation and strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. The Korean Government provides funding for this scholarship program. Global Korean scholarship provides 200 scholarships to students from more than 150 countries.
Students can apply for KGSP 2023 in two ways. The first is through Embassy Track, and the other is University Track. By GKS Embassy Track, the Korean Government will select 81 international students for the Bachelor’s degree programs. And through GKS University Track, the Korean Government will select 119 students. Every embassy or university has different deadlines. You can apply for scholarships in South Korea by following the application process mentioned in this article below.
Furthermore, through this fully funded scholarship in South Korea, international students can pursue their dreams of studying abroad free of cost. Under Global Korea Scholarship, students will also get to experience rich Korean culture during their stay. So don’t miss this bright chance and apply for it.
- Host Country: Korea
- Funded By: Korean Government
- Degree Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
- GKS-U Duration:
- 5~7 years of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 3~4 years of Associate Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- For Embassy track criteria, candidates need to take an update from the Korean embassy in their home country, as they all have different application deadlines.
- For University track criteria, candidates need to take an update from eligible universities for GKS from the official website.
Following are the benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023:
- This program covers full tuition fees.
- Provision of a free return air ticket.
- A monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW.
- Also, a settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW.
- This program will cover the fee of 1-year Korean Language Training.
- Provision of University Admission fees waiver.
- Moreover, Korean Proficiency Grants approx. 100,000 KRW/month.
- International students will receive Degree Completion Grants only once, 100,000 KRW.
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the Global Korea Scholarship for international students
- Students must be a citizen of Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- They must be under 25 years of age.
- Students with Korean citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Applicants applying for Bachelor’s degree or Associate Degree program have graduated from high school or are expected to graduate by 28 February 2023.
- Students with an associated degree or expected to graduate by 28 February 2023 can only apply for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Also, they must be in good health.
- Moreover, they should maintain their GPA to sustain the scholarship.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2023:
- GKS-U Application Form
- A Personal statement.
- A brief study plan.
- Two letters of Recommendation.
- GKS Applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Proof of citizenship
- Certificate of Graduation.
- High school grade transcripts
- Proof of age.
- Evidence of overseas Korean
- Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation document.
- Awards and other certificates. (if any)
- Certificates of valid English Proficiency test. (Optional)
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Candidate’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendants (only for descendants of Korean War Veterans).
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship for International Students 2022?
Through Embassy Track, the candidates must apply through the Embassy of South Korea in their own countries. The embassy will select the candidate and ask the candidate to apply to some university and nominate you as its GKS candidate and will send the nomination to NIIED, but the final selection will be done by the NIIED.
Through University Track, the candidates must apply directly to the university. The university nominates you as a 2023 GKS candidate and will send your nomination to NIIED, as the final decision will be taken by the NIIED.