Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24 is an outstanding opportunity for those students who have excellent intellectual abilities and are eager to improve the lives of others as well. Gates Scholarship is one of the leading universities in the world that aims at creating an interactive community of future world leaders who can bring a better and more optimistic change in the world. The Gate scholars at Cambridge University on a diverse range of topics like innovations, challenges, and solutions. Thus through the Gates Cambridge Trust scholarship in the UK, the students also contribute to the university’s own mission which is to contribute to the welfare of society.
The Gates Cambridge scholarship for international students is an initiative of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The fully-funded scholarship has started back in 2000 and since then it has produced highly influential people throughout the globe. The Gates postgraduates have marked their names in almost every field of life. They have excelled in science, technology, arts, music, human rights, etc. This is because of the fact that postgraduate scholars are provided with exceptional academic resources and opportunities under this Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship at Cambridge University.
The best international scholarship at Cambridge University offers 80 scholarships to international postgraduate students to pursue their master’s or PhD in the UK. Among these Gates scholars, almost one-third are PhD students. Moreover, this fully-funded award at the UK’s best institute is a juncture of adroit and dexterous students who collectively make a community of Gates scholars. This community network remains long-term when it comes to personal and professional relations. The huge alumni network, thus, has spread in the whole world and is serving as the voice of Cambridge in helping the communities through collaboration and innovation.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-24 Details:
- Offered by: University of Cambridge
- Degree level: PhD, MSc/MLitt
- Duration: One-year postgraduate course
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Nationality: International
- Award Country: United Kingdom
- The deadline for International students is either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023, dependent on the course
- The deadline for US citizens is 12 October 2022.
- Full tuition fees are paid by this scholarship.
- An annual maintenance allowance of £18,744 will be provided at the rate of 2022-23.
- The Visa fee will be paid.
- Economy class plane tickets are given once.
- The additional cost of immigration health will be covered.
- Additional academic development funding ranging from £500 to £2,000 will be provided to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the length of the period.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship expenses or the cost of any unforeseen hardship.
- Fieldwork allowance
Courses that are not Included
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- You can Check About Departments from A to Z (Here)
- All international graduates can apply except UK citizens.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record.
- The applicant must contact the supervisor to continue the research and be accepted by the supervisor.
- The applicant should be able to defend his/her choice.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you satisfy the following requirements:
If you are taking admission for:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Any Nationality outside the UK,
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for the choice of course
- leadership potential
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2023-24?
- The applicant has to apply online via University’s Graduate Application Portal.
- The applicant first has to choose a specific course and college place.
- Provide all the relevant details about personal data, academic background, and plan for your course and apply for the course and college.
- Apply for funding from the funding section. You can apply for multiple funding offered by the university and other organizations including the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- You can apply for as many courses as you want but you have to apply separately for each course.
- If the course is already full, the application status will be closed even before the deadline, So apply as early as you can.
- Personal statement of no more than 3000 characters.
- The PhD candidates have to submit a research proposal. Even if the application for a course or college does not require a research proposal, the Gates scholarship has this requirement as a mandatory one.
- Three reference letters (One can be from a current employee if needed.