Pursue your studies in Australia. Good news! Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. RTP scholarship provides monthly stipend, fees Offset pays for the tuition fees and allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research.
The Research Training Program (RTP) is managed by participating universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. On 31 December 2016, the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) ceased and was replaced by the Research Training Program (RTP) from 1 January 2017.
The RTP provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs). Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.Read:Fully Funded Training Opportunity In Europe: Belgium 2021
The aims of the RTP program are to provide flexible funding to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking postgraduate research degree at Australian universities and also to deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market.
The program support collaboration between universities and industry and other research end-users. Information on commencing a postgraduate research degree and university courses can be found on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. General information about the support arrangements for students may be obtained from the Study Assist website. Frequently asked questions for students are also available to answer student queries.
RTP Scholarship 2022 in Australia Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: Australia
- Administered by: Department of Education, Skills & Employment
- Course level: Master’s and PhD
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: Domestic and International Students
- Deadline: Different for each University
Financial Benefits of the Research Training Program 2022:
- An allowance of up to AUD 28,854 (tax-free, value of 2022) for up to two academic years for a Research Masters degree, and up to three academic years for a Research PhD degree.
- Full Tuition Fee
- Health Insurance Funds (paid sick leave).
- (OSHC )Overseas Student Health Cover
- Travel Allowance
- Research funds are also available.
RTP Scholarship Duration:
- Master’s Program: Up to 2 Years
- Ph.D. Program: Up to 4 Years.
Participating Universities in RTP Scholarship:
- Australian Catholic University
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Federation University Australia
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The Australian National University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Notre Dame Australia
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Western Australia
- Torrens University of Australia
- University of Canberra
- University of Divinity
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University
List of Available Study Fields:
- Engineering, Computer, and Mathematical Sciences
- Health and Medical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria of the Research Training Program 2022:
The following are the basic eligibility criteria for scholarship in Australia for Masters and PhDs.Read:Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021-2022 for Masters Study (Fully-funded)
Masters by Research / Master of Philosophy:
The following qualifications are usually required for submitting an application for a master’s by research or master’s in philosophy:
- To be considered for this program, applicants must have completed at least the equivalent of an Australian Honours degree.
- You should have equivalent experience and capabilities in research.
Ph.D. Research Program:Read:USIDHR Youth Summit in Istanbul 2022 | Fully Funded
You must possess a sufficient amount of research experience to be considered for a Ph.D.
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honors, or a master’s degree with substantial research components that are maintained at a high academic standard.
- RTP Candidates must meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements.
The application deadline to apply for RTP Scholarships 2022 in Australia for International Students varies from University to University. You can get more details from the university of your choice.
How to Apply for the Australian Government Research Scholarships 2022?
Applicants for the Australian Government Research Scholarships must select a university where they wish to study.
- Select your course of study.
- Make sure you meet the entry requirements
- Gather required documentation
- Complete and submit your application.