The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship (GOI-IES) scheme was established under the provisions of the Government’s International Education Strategy, 2010–2015, and expanded under the successor strategy “Irish Educated, Globally Connected (2016-2022). Attention is also drawn to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s Global Ireland: Delivering in the Asia Pacific Region to 2025 strategy.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2022/2023 Call under the Ireland Government International Scholarships Program. Every year Ireland’s Government offered a wide range of Scholarships programs for international students who want to study in higher education institutions in ranked Ireland Universities.
Ireland Government Scholarship 2023 Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: Ireland
- Organization: Irish Research Council
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Course Level: Masters and Ph.D
- Eligibility: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 20 October 2022
Duration of the Irish Government Scholarship
- Research Master’s Degree: 1 Year
- Structured Research Master’s Degree: 2 Years
- Traditional Doctoral Degree: 3 Years
- Structured Doctoral Degree: 4 Years
Financial Coverage of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023:
Selected candidates for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme will get the following benefits.
- A Stipend €18,500 Per annum
- The tuition fee will be covered by the scholarship.
- Up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum Contribution to Fees, including Non-EU Fees.
- Eligible straight research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
List Accessible Fields
The following lists of fields and majors are available for the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Social Science
Eligible Higher Education, Institutions List:
The following universities/Institutions are eligible and offering Irish Scholarships for the International Students:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- National College of Ireland
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin City University
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- (Dún Laoghaire) Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Technological University Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- University of Limerick
- University College Cork
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Galway–Mayo Institute of Technology
- Maynooth University
- Royal Irish Academy
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- All International Students, as well as Students from European Countries, are Eligible to apply.
- There is no Age limit for the Scholarship.
- Must have a Bachelor’s, or an equivalent Degree For a master’s.
- Must have a Bachelor’s, Masters’s Degree, or the equivalent Degree For Doctoral Degree.
- Results awaiting students can also apply.
- If Undergraduate Examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a scholarship on the condition that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree result is a first-class or upper second-class honors.
How to Apply for Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023?
- Apply online through the online application platform for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2022.
- Application forms submitted in hardcopy or by email will not be accepted.
- The candidate would be expected to create the application completely on their own. no plagiarism
- Applications are accepted in one of two languages: English or Irish.