Applications are open for the Youth4Region Training Program 2021.
Youth4Regions is the European Commission programme helping journalism students and young journalists to discover what the EU is doing in their region. The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy (DG REGIO) wishes to encourage journalism students and young journalists to learn about Regional Policy and to communicate on European solidarity and concrete projects co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the Cohesion Fund (CF). The specific objectives include:
Countries available to apply
All countries of the world.
The programme is offering:
- Trainings on journalism and EU regional policy
- The chance to receive mentorship from established journalists from your country
- Working side by side with renowned journalists during the EU Regions’ Week
- Visits of EU affairs media headquarters and EU institutions
- The unique opportunity to take part as a journalist in European Commission press trips to Member States
- Accommodation and travel expenses covered by the European Commission
Who is eligible to apply?
Candidates must fulfill some of the following criteria:
- Candidates must be interested in the EU regional policy activities in their country.
- Candidates must be from European Union or neighboring countries.
- It should be available from October 10 to October 15, 2021.
- Candidates must be between 18-30 years old.
Documents required for application
- Curriculum vitae (European style).
- letter of intent.
- Grant Articles.
Scholarship application steps
The application must be filled out through the institution’s website
12 July 2021
In order to apply, potential participants must send a short article (2500 – 6250 characters) or a short video report (2 – 3 minutes) covering a project co-financed by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund or Cohesion Fund). (3) The article or short video must cover one of the following topics:
- Fair Europe: Cohesion policy for a just transition to climate neutrality
- Green Europe: Cohesion policy for intermodal mobility
- Cohesion for Recovery: Overcoming the pandemic together
- Europe close to the citizens: Youth engagement
To apply please click on Apply Now and follow the instructions afterwards.