The call for applications for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme (Public Policy and Good Governance) 2023in Germany. The DAAD scholarship 2022 is welcoming future leaders who have been involved in social and economic development projects. Young graduates having job experience and coming from developing countries will be prioritized.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme offers very good graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country at German institutions of higher education.
DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2023-24 Details:
|Funded by:||Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development|
|Degree level:||Masters Degree|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Last Date:||31 July 2023|
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Erfurt
- Otto Von Guericke University Magdeburg
- University of Applied Sciences Osnabruck
- University of Passau
- University of Potsdam
- Master’s Degree Level
Fields of Study under DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme:
- Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems
- Development and Governance
- Public Policy
- Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS)
- Management in Nonprofit Organisation
- Governance and Public Policy
- Development Studies
- Public Management (MPM)
- €6,400 (for the entire two-year program) in total or in installments of €1,600 per semester due in advance of the semester subscription fee (subject to change, see below for details) €270 (per semester) course materials (books, course packages) at least €100 (per semester)
- Living expenses (cost of housing, food, health insurance, etc., as stipulated in the Foreigners’ Office in Erfurt) are about 853 euros (monthly for 22 months).
- Health insurance, accident and liability insurance in Germany are also covered by the scholarship.
- The semester is at least €100 (per semester) covering the contribution of ester the cost of student services as well as the cost of the student council. Part of the classroom contribution goes to student services and the student council, and the other part covers the “classroom ticket.” The “classroom ticket” entitles you to travel free of charge on the city lines of the Erfurt Municipal Transportation Authority (EVAG) and can be used by all students. You should simply show the student’s identity when asked to see your ticket.
Eligible Countries for DAAD Scholarship 2022:
- Bosnia and
- North Macedonia
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African
- Congo, Democratic
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- São Tomé und
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- North Korea
- Papua N. Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Latin Am
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Vin. & Gre.
Eligibility Criteria of DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2022:
The most important selection criteria are:
• Higher education degree obtained with above average results (top third of graduates)
• Language certificates (requirements vary depending on the respective course of study)
• Political and/or social involvement (see above ‘Target group’) is considered an advantage
• Evidence of internships and/or professional experience is also taken into account positively
• A conclusive account of the applicant’s academic and personal motivation for the study endeavour in Germany and for choosing and prioritising the courses of study
• An account of the applicant’s perspectives upon returning to their home country or region
The following groups are not eligible:
• Applicants who obtained their most recent higher education degree more than six years before submitting their application.
• Applicants who have resided in a country that is not included in the DAC list of developing and emerging countries for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline.
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship, Germany:
- DAAD application form
- Copy of transcripts
- Working experience certificates
- Recent language certificates
- Letter of reference
- A letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates
How to Apply for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2022?
- A candidate can apply in two eligible courses.
- A candidate should apply for the scholarship by registering himself on the official application portal and select not more than 2 universities.
- A candidate has to complete DAAD application form, draw up an application and send it to the selected university along with the required documents.