Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.“2024Research Fellowship Program” has been officially released. Fields of research such as natural science, engineering and medicine are considered with first priorities.
Host Institution in Japan:
Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions, or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization whose Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people who have responded with goodwill to Dr. Shigeyoshi MATSUMAE’s call. While many donations have been kindly offered by corporations and groups, most of the donors are individuals who are sympathetic with the Founder’s ideals and maintain contributions to the Fund from their limited incomes. Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Short Summary of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship in Japan 2024:
- Fellowship Host Country: Japan
- Host University: Different universities in Japan
- Funded By: Matsumae International Foundation
- Coverage: Fully Funded
- Who is eligible? World Wide Students
- Application Deadline: The application deadline to apply for the fully-funded Matsumae International Foundation fellowship in japan is June 30, 2023 (Japan Standard Time).
What are the Benefits of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2024:
- A monthly stipend of JPY 220,000 to cover living and research expenses.
- Study tour.
- An arrival fund of JPY 120,000 will be provided.
- Airfare for round-trip economy class is included.
- Comprehensive travel insurance includes medical treatment and death benefit coverage.
- Study tour is organized to visit various cultural and historical sites in Japan.
- Japanese language courses are offered to help fellows better understand and communicate with the local community.
- Fellows will have access to research facilities and equipment at universities and research institutions in Japan.
- Opportunities to present research findings and attend conferences.
- Networking opportunities with Japanese and international researchers and professionals.
- Personalized support from Matsumae International Foundation staff, including assistance with finding housing and settling in Japan.
Eligibility Criteria of Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship 2024 in Japan:
- Every non-Japanese national can apply.
- Students, holding PhD degrees can apply.
- Not more than 49 years old.
- Must have an invitation letter from the Japanese host institution.
- Proficient in English or Japanese language.
- Should not be having any past experience staying or working in Japan.
- Should be employed in their home country and committed to getting back after the completion of the fellowship and playing their part in the development of their country.
- The research field of natural sciences, engineering, and medicine are mostly preferred.
How to Apply for Matsumae International Foundation Fellowship in Japan?
- Students have to download the application form from the official website.
- Students should submit the application form via email (mif-japan.org)
- Ensure to provide supporting documents.
- Complete your application form carefully and submit it.