The Vienna Biocenter Summer School represents a fully-funded research-oriented scholarship opportunity held in Austria. This intensive 9-week summer research program allows exceptionally skilled students to delve into life sciences under the guidance of top mentors at one of Europe’s premier research hubs. It offers an energetic and thriving scientific setting for ambitious students keen on research and innovation in the sciences. VBC Austria aims to attract talented and ingenious individuals globally, offering them a platform in the world’s most stimulating scientific laboratories to foster their growth and advancement.
One of the key highlights of the Vienna Summer School 2024 is the opportunity for participants to travel to Europe at no cost and gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies while working in world-class labs. Vienna Biocenter boasts a diverse array of research projects, and the summer program ensures each participant is paired closely and independently with a faculty member. The Biocenter is renowned for its highly accomplished faculty, including figures like Kim Nasmyth, honored with the Breakthrough Prize in life sciences for pioneering work on chromosome segregation, and Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer Doudna, recipients of the 2020 Nobel Prize in Chemistry. This international summer opportunity offers promising students the chance to learn from such highly influential minds and personalities.
As a consortium of Europe’s five leading research centers, Vienna Biocenter allows outstanding undergraduate students to commence their practical experience at these esteemed research institutions. The research projects conducted at the Biocenter cover contemporary topics in molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, bioinformatics, RNA, stem cells, biochemistry, and more. Fully-funded summer school participants engage in practical lab work, lab meetings, and journal clubs. Scientists at the lab employ comprehensive approaches to extract results from experiments, offering participants an enriching learning and practicing environment.
This European research summer school not only imparts practical scientific knowledge but also exposes undergraduates to cutting-edge research infrastructures. Furthermore, program fellows experience the rich, diverse, and cultured environment of Europe during their stay. The Vienna Biocenter organizes various social events like gatherings and symposiums to encourage cooperation and collaboration among fellows, fostering a friendly environment for interaction. To enrich the experience further, Vienna Biocenter encourages participation from its PhD students in a two-day retreat held outside Vienna, providing a platform for scholarly discussion. The summer school culminates in a symposium where scholars present their ideas, results, and findings in brief talks, followed by the distribution of prizes to winners, adding excitement and value to the program’s conclusion.
Vienna Summer School in Austria 2024 Details:
- Country of Study: Austria
- Program Duration: 9 weeks research program
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: 31 January 2024.
Financial Benefits of Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2024:
- Free Accommodation.
- A Stipend of 1400 euros (each student)
- Medical insurance
- A Free Travel Pass will be provided for unlimited use of public transport within Vienna
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- other Numerous social events.
Eligibility Criteria of Vienna Biocenter Summer School 2024:
- A candidate must have completed at least two years of a University study (e.g., 2-3 years of a Bachelor Hons study or one year of a Master study – by 30 June) as follows:
- A candidate should have 3-months of research experience.
- A candidate must have a good academic background.
- A candidate should have good knowledge of the English language.
- Proof of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- Check Complete Eligibility Criteria
How to Apply for the Vienna Biocenter Summer Scholarship 2024?
- The candidates have to apply through the Vienna Biocenter Summer School Online Application.
- The applicants have to specify three names of the lab heads according to their preferences.
- The candidates have to provide academic details and research experience.