Applications are invited for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023. As an integral part of the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee, and in the framework of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Programme, the Ministry of Culture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the National Committee for Education, Culture and Science and the Saudi Heritage Commission will be hosting the World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 under the theme of “Looking Ahead: The Next 50 Years of Protecting Natural and Cultural Heritage” from 3 to 12 September 2023 in Riyadh and the Al-Ahsa Oasis.
The Forum will be developed and implemented with the support of the NGO Diadrasis. The Forum is an opportunity to understand and assess the achievements of the past 5 decades of the World Heritage Convention; to highlight the crucial role of youth in the heritage ecosystem; and to pave the way for the next generation of heritage professionals, giving voice to their unique approaches to heritage management. The Forum will harness the potential of capacity building and prepare the young professionals in creating a sustainable future for our cultural and natural heritage. At the end of the Forum, the outcomes produced by the participants will be presented to the extended 45th session of the World Heritage Committee in the form of a Youth Declaration.
Details of UNESCO World Heritage Forum For Young Professionals 2023 in Saudi Arabia | Fully Funded
- Dates of Forum: September 3-12, 2023
- Location: Riyadh and Al-Ahsa Oasis, Saudi Arabia
- Eligibility: Young professionals from all over the world who are working in the field of heritage conservation
- Coverage: Fully funded by UNESCO and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Deadline: June 6, 2023.
Financial Benefits of the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023
If you are the lucky one to be selected for the forum from around the world. You will be provided with:
- Assistance with Traveling.
- Support in Arranging a visa.
- Economy flight Airfare.
- Accommodation facility.
- Exposure to meet heritage experts.
- Trips during the forum.
The eligibility criteria for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 are as follows:
- Ages of 23 and 32 can apply.
- Must have a minimum of two years of professional experience in the field of heritage conservation.
- Must be fluent in English language.
- Applicants must be able to commit to attending the entire forum, which will be held from September 3 to 12, 2023, in Riyadh and Al-Ahsa Oasis, Saudi Arabia.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and a CV that highlight their skills and experience in heritage conservation.
- Applicants are also encouraged to submit a short essay on their vision for the future of World Heritage.
Who can Apply for the UNESCO World Heritage Forum 2023?
- Young people, educators, and heritage experts from different parts of the world discover new roles for themselves in heritage conservation.
- Applicants who are studying or working in the field of heritage conservation:
- Cultural tourism
- Digital technology
- Environmental science
- Landscape architecture
- Museum studies
- Public policy
- Sustainable development
- Urban planning
Documents Required for the UNESCO Youth Forum 2023:
- Copy of passport-size photo.
How to Apply for the UNESCO World Heritage Forum in Saudi Arabia?
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention.
- Applicants should fill in all answers and upload documents while filling up the application form.
- Applicants should fill all answers in English, language other than English will not be considered.