Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2022 in Netherlands. The Leiden University is offering the Excellence scholarship programme for highly brilliant international students wishing to study in the Netherlands on scholarship commencing the next academic year.
Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands, and it lives by its motto, which means a bastion of freedom. For over 440 years, the university has developed a reputation for respecting freedom of expression, diversity, and inclusion. It also observes social responsibility.
These values have helped the university achieve international acclaim allowing it to attract students from over 120 countries. Currently, more than a quarter of its student body are international students. The majority of the Master’s programs in the university are taught in English to accommodate many nationalities. Also, there are many scholarships at Leiden University available for international students.
Leiden University is divided into two cities: Leiden and The Hague. Among over 17,000 universities in the world, Leiden University has ranked in the top 100 in prestigious ranking bodies in several categories. Additionally, the university has produced several Nobel Prize awardees in the fields of Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Economics. Leiden University has also won almost a quarter of the Spinoza Prizes ever awarded.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Brief description:
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding non-EEA/non-EFTA students enrolling in a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Details
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University.
Scholarships to be taken at: Leiden University, Netherlands.
Scholarship Type: Tuition Award.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Slots: Not stated.
Subject Eligibility: All Master’s programme at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) programmes.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarships 2022 | ELIGIBILITY
To apply and qualify for LExS 2021/2022;
- Applicants must be Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2021
- Applicants must have previous degrees with excellent grades
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying.
- As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship will cover;
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee).
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Application Procedures
You must first apply online for admissions to a Master’s programme at Leiden University. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship section and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship. The deadline for programmes starting in September is 1 February (exception – Advanced LLMs: 1 March) while programmes starting in February has a deadline of 1 October.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships in Netherlands may follow the steps below to apply;
- Apply for an admission into a Master’s programme at the university and pay necessary acceptance fees (where applicable)
- Indicate your interest to apply for a LExS in the scholarship section of your online application.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Application Deadline:
- 1st Feb for programmes starting Sept and
- 1st Oct for programmes starting February
- Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1st March
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/scholarships/sea/leiden-university-excellence-scholarship-lexs