The Call for Peace Volunteers in the European Solidarity Corps 2023 is currently available. PEACE (Peace through Exchange and Active Citizenship Education) is a mobility programme for secondary school students ages 15 to 18 that takes place twice a year and emphasises active citizenship.
The exchange offers an in-depth understanding of another culture and involves homestays with host families. At the conclusion of the three-month programme, participants get together at the Europe Camp in Belgium, which is organised by EFIL and a group of AFS volunteers. The Europe Camp is held in late November and late April. Here, participants can share and consider their exchange-related experiences, take part in workshops on active citizenship, European identity, global citizenship education, and change-making, and discover the opportunities offered by EU policies to assist young people in their personal, social, and professional development.
EFIL’s mission is to support the quality of the programme by offering educational materials on global, European, and active citizenship, to be utilised during participants’ and volunteers’ local trainings. The exchange programme is supervised by EFIL members, who are AFS organisations in Europe.
- Be a part of the November PEACE Camp 2023 preparation team as the participants coordinator;
- be a part of the April PEACE Camp 2023 squad;
- Aid the EFIL Team in examining the potential for developing the brand PEACE and developing a potential work schedule for this upcoming development;
- After the gathering of participants to the upgrading of the PEACE Manuals and other educational resources, as well as the preparations for the two PEACE programme cycles and Camps;
- Support the execution of more EFIL projects from planning to follow-up (participant recruiting and communication, administration, reporting, logistics, and content development);
- Throughout the ESC time, the volunteer and any other responsibilities associated with the operation of EFIL will identify any additional tasks.
The volunteer will be supervised by Marie Boutier, the Coordinator of the PEACE Project, and Elisa Briga, the Secretary General.
- The duration of this nine-month European Solidarity Corps programme is. The volunteer will participate in an ESC orientation camp (organised by the National Agency JINT), can enrol in a language course in either Dutch or French (costs will be reimbursed by EFIL), and commits to 37.5 hours of voluntary service per week while participating in the ESC programme (incl. language classes).
- In addition to receiving a 940 euro stipend for housing, food, and pocket money, the volunteer also has their return international airfare to and from the programme paid for.
- The volunteer must be a citizen of the Russian Federation, Turkey, Iceland, Norway, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Egypt, or one of the following nations: Egypt, Tunisia, or Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The volunteer must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- The prospective volunteer must already be in contact with an AFS organisation or another* sending organisation for the European Solidarity Corps that has a recognised quality mark.
*Please be aware that not all AFS Organizations are ESC recognised organisations. Before submitting your application, check with your office.
Interested volunteers should submit the following in order to apply:
- Motivation letter;
- Name and contact of the sending organisation.
The paperwork must be sent to [email protected] by Friday, March 24, 2023. (23:59 CEST). The consideration of candidates will occur continuously.
Please be specific in the email subject: Application for EFIL ESC – PEACE – complete name.