Germany is accepting applications for the German Chancellor Leaders Fellowship 2023–24. Applications for a paid Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow’s leaders are accepted from international candidates from a limited number of nations. The Humboldt Foundation has paid fellowship programmes available. The following chosen programmes are eligible for the fellowship. Application fees are not necessary in order to apply.
Alexander von Humboldt (1769–1859) was an explorer and researcher who was drawn to the natural world. The Federal Republic of Germany created the Humboldt Foundation in 1953. The foundation’s objectives have the signature of the German Chancellor.
German Chancellor Leaders Fellowship 2023-24 Details:
|Offered by:||Humboldt Foundation|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Last Date:||15 October 2023|
- Monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros or 2,600 euros – depending on your training and career level.
- Intensive language course before commencement of fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- Individual support during stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support, e.g. for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for an additional German language course.
- Joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society.
- Networking activities that enable the fellow to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows.
- A two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career.
The German Chancellor Fellowship sponsors future decision-makers, multipliers, and thought leaders – regardless of industry. You are invited to apply if you:
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, Russian, South African or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society, or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating these twelve years is 1 October 2024.
- want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German.
Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months immediately before the application deadline (15 October of each year) may not apply. Anyone who has already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation with a fellowship is not eligible to apply or reapply for any fellowship of the Foundation. They should turn to the Foundation’s Alumni Programme to get support for further stays in Germany.
How to Apply for German Chancellor Leaders Fellowship?
Before applying, you should discuss the details of your project with your chosen host.
Submit the necessary application documents to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online only.
- letter of motivation: Tell them what drives you, what leadership experience you already have and what your career goals are.
- project plan: Outline the project you have developed yourself and agreed with your intended host prior to applying. Why is your project of societal significance, and how will you be able to build bridges between Germany and your home country in the future?
- extensive statement including mentoring agreement from your host in Germany.
- two letters of recommendation (not more than 12 months old) from individuals who can provide information on your professional, personal and/or academic background.
The online application form contains links where the letters of recommendation and statements can be uploaded. Forward these links to the relevant individuals as soon as possible. They will send you a confirmation e-mail as soon as they have received all the required documents.